Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ultimate Granola

I made this granola for our annual trip we take with our college friends and I promised to put the recipe up again. It's very flexible so use the nuts and dried fruit you prefer.

Mike and I enjoy watching cooking shows and recently Mike came across a particularly good one. The following recipe is from Tyler's Ultimate and it is both very yummy and very easy. Enjoy!

ULTIMATE GRANOLA

4 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raw almonds
3/4 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup flax seeds or pepitas (I used flax seeds at Shaver)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil (or olive oil)
1 tsp vanilla

desired dried fruit (I enjoy raisins)

Preheat oven 300 degrees. Mix dry ingredients. Warm honey and oil in pan and add vanilla. Stir. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well but gently. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet. Bake 20 min. Stir. Bake another 20 min. Cool and break up any clumps. Add dried fruit as desired.

2 comments: