Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Keeping the update going

Well, my dad did not approve of my short post. He said there weren't enough pictures. Picky, picky. I will resume where I left off...

We celebrated my sister's birthday a little belatedly with a busy, fun morning. The boys and I had breakfast at her place. Ethan helped point out any non-toddler proofed items.



After breakfast we headed over to Color Me Mine. Kim wanted to paint a pot and then have the boys put their handprints on it. A 2 year old in a store filled with breakable items is a little stressful on a mom but it was so cute to watch them make their mark.
Caleb really like the feel of the paint brush. I'll have to get a picture of the finished product from Kim.
My dad was VERY excited to take Ethan to a DODGER game. There were some logistical issues with getting there and it turned out that Mike had to meet them there. I was needlessly apprehensive about the 45 min car drive and my dad's ability to handle any meltdowns. I gave my dad a full arsenal of E's favorite snacks and even the ipad. He didn't need any of them. Apparently, Ethan didn't want to play with the ipad because that meant he would have to take off his baseball glove. He was just about as excited as Grandpa.

The entire way home Grandpa had him practice saying, "Go Dodgers!" and it actually stuck for a few weeks. He's been asking to go to another game ever since.
Sweet sleep.
We only made it to one concert in the park this summer and we had a blast! It was Beatles night and we road the boys down in the bike trailer. They had such a wonderful time and Ethan cried when we left.

I tried to get a picture of Caleb in his Angels Tori Hunter shirt before I couldn't fit it on him anymore.
Whenever Caleb wore his Angels then Ethan HAD to wear his too! (sorry Grandpa)
Does this look familiar to anyone? :)
Ok, that gets us to early Aug. More update later

1 comment: