Monday, April 25, 2011

What we did while waiting for Taylor

I had high hopes for our visit up to Santa Clarita. Mike had several days of work up there, we needed to get our taxes done with my dad, I planned to get my curtains hemmed with my mom's sewing machine and I was really hoping that Kim would have her baby while we were there. I never got the curtains hemmed but 3 out of 4 isn't bad!

We finally took our boys on the waterfall trail by my parent's house. I have many fond memories of hiking here and it's where Mike proposed. With all the rain we've had this winter, the creek was nice and full and the foliage was lush and green. It was a very hot day but once we were under the canopy of trees it was wonderfully cool.
Ethan was in heaven and would stop to throw rocks every 100 ft or so.

Mike taught him how to climb up the steep rocks and he was so proud of himself! (there's a bit of the waterfall in the background)
Caleb snuggling with Grandma.
Dad and his boys!
This might be the first time that I've ever stopped at the first waterfall but I had my reasons.
As we returned to the hot world again, Ethan suddenly lost all energy and Daddy got his workout.
My sister wasn't the only one having babies. Right across the street from my parents were these two mamas with their babies. We had a great time going on walks and talking to all the horses.
Uncle Bart = Robots. Well, at least in Ethan's mind. Kim's husband, Bart, is teaching an afterschool robotics class this spring and he brought them over to show Ethan. Ethan couldn't have been more delighted. However, from then on his desire to see Uncle Bart had a lot to do with robots. :)
Imagination play with Grandma. My mom was awesome about climbing in the pop up car with them and building houses with couch pillows and on and on. I'm especially thankful for this right now because it's so hard and uncomfortable for me to do those things right now. Let's just say she didn't get much done while we were there.
Of coarse we also play LOTS of Smario. Ethan loves everything green because it's like Luigi. Cracks me up. Great trip! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for letting us take over your house for a week, playing and loving our boys and also for waking up early every morning when Ethan went in your room!

No comments:

Post a Comment